This will be Man United 30th game for this season. After watching Man City dropped two more points, the Red Devils surely wanted a big win against Fulham. This also will serve another psychological pressure against the noisy neighbors. Win will take Man United top with three points clear ahead of Man City.
After having enough rest Man United surely opted for the best line up. De Gea will keep his place. Evans and Ferdinand had established themselves as rock solid partner at center back. So they will play. Same goes to Evra he will take his natural place as the fullback while Smalling at the right back. Carrick and Scholes aslo had provided the solution for the midfield crisis. It will be hard to drop them. The impressive Valencia will keep his place as the right winger. For the left wing it will be Young to claim. Again Rooney and Welbeck be the first choice for attack.
Man United surely aimed for big win to close the gap on Man City superior goal difference. This also could be the title decider.
- Man United scored 5 goals from 8 shots on target when they beat Fulham at Craven Cottage in December.
- Man United have scored the joint-most headed goals in the Premier League (14) spread between 9 different players: Rooney (3), Hernandez (3), Welbeck (2), Berbatov (1), Anderson (1), Scholes (1), Valencia (1), Smalling (1) Nani (1)
- Wayne Rooney has scored 16 goals in his last 16 appearances in all competitions for Man United.
- Rooney has netted 5 goals in his last 4 appearances against Fulham at Old Trafford.
- In 14 Premier League starts this season, Antonio Valencia has 3 goals and 11 assists
- The Reds have won their last 7 Premier League games at Old Trafford against Fulham
- Danny Murphy has scored 5 goals against Man United in his career. United have lost on all 5 of those occasions.
- Fulham’s Pavel Pogrebynak has scored 5 Premier League goals from 5 shots on target.