Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ricky Van To Stay At Lisbon


Manchester United target Ricky van Wolfswinkel: I hope to stay at Sporting for at least two more years

The prolific striker insists he is happy with life at the Lisbon-based club and says he is not planning on accepting a new challenge before 2013


The Dutch striker has been impressive since moving to Estadio de Alvalade in the summer for €5.4 million, scoring 10 goals in all competitions to date.

His exploits in the Portuguese capital have seen him linked with Manchester United, who have reportedly dispatched scouts to check on the 22-year-old on several occasions.

Despite the growing interest in his services, Van Wolfswinkel has assured the club's fans he is not thinking about leaving Sporting, who are third in the Portuguese Liga.

"I hope I will stay for at least two years and that this team will stick together for that long," he told NOS Sport.

"I really like being at Sporting and that is seen on the field. I have no reason to leave - I look around and I have all I want.

"Sporting are a really big club and their fans are fantastic. What more could I want?"

No comments: