Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Young Rebel Shoots Gaddafi


I killed Gaddafi
Young rebel 'fired twice'

A YOUNG Libyan rebel has boasted he fired the bullet that killed Mad Dog Gaddafi.
He said in a video posted on the internet that he could not bear to take the tyrant alive.

Sanad al-Sadek al-Ureibi, 22, bragged: "We grabbed him, I hit him in the face. Some fighters wanted to take him away. I fired two bullets at him. One hit under his armpit, the other his head.

"He did not die immediately. It took him half an hour."

post mortem examination confirmed that Gaddafi, 69, died from a head shot.
The footage also shows Ureibi flaunting what appears to be Gaddafi's blood-drenched shirt.

He flashes a gold ring he says he ripped from the dictator's finger.

Ureibi, from Benghazi, had joined fighters in Misrata — where Gaddafi was taken after his capture last Thursday.

He claimed: "I slapped him. He said to me, 'You are like my son'. I slapped him a second time. He said, 'I am like your father'.

"Then I grabbed him by the hair and put him on the ground." More graphic footage emerged of Gaddafi pleading for his life before being dragged away.

The man who ruled Libya by terror for 42 years will be buried with his son Muatassim at a secret location in the desert today. Muslim clerics will attend the ceremony.

The corpses of the two men and Gaddafi's defence minister Abu Bakr Younis were yesterday moved from the Misrata cold store where they had been on display for four days.

Libya's acting prime minister Mahmoud Jibril said he wished Gaddafi had lived to stand trial.

No comments: